It has been more than six decades since the concept of Artificial Intelligence has transformed from imagination to an academic discipline. Influencers, especially those active on social media help give direction to the policymakers and academicians. They keep common men updated on the trends and ‘what is what’ in AI, Machine Learning and associated concepts like Big Data and BlockChain. AiThority introduces you to the 50 most popular AI-influencers of North America.
1. Bob E Hayes Senior Director of Research and Analytics at Indigo Slate an Experience agency. A PhD in industrial-organizational psychology, his interests lies in Data Science, CX, Statistics and Machine Learning.
The Quiet Robot Revolution That Can Unlock A Trillion Dollars In #Retail Efficiency: Meet Tally https://t.co/rgSAxweZ1l@simberobotics #CustomerExperience #inventory #ArtificialIntelligence pic.twitter.com/ByZUITJhN8
— Bob E. Hayes (@bobehayes) September 17, 2019
2. Kirk Borne Principal Data Scientist at Booz Allen Hamilton. Astrophysicist and Top Big Data Science and AI Influencer.
— Kirk Borne (@KirkDBorne) September 18, 2019
3. Martin Ford Futurist and the author of three books on Artificial Intelligence, Robots and Automation. His new book is Architects of Intelligence. He is also the founder of a Silicon valley-based Software Development firm.
— Martin Ford (@MFordFuture) September 16, 2019
4. Adam Coates A Director at Apple. I received my PhD from Stanford University in 2012 and was the director of the Silicon Valley AI Lab at Baidu Research until September 2017, then an Operating Partner at Khosla Ventures until 2018.
Iterative development is one of the most important disciplines I try to share with every ML team I work with. @EmmanuelAmeisen from @InsightDataSci and I teamed up to share the process and tips for new ML Engineers! https://t.co/gCA8xKOiXq
— Adam Coates (@adampaulcoates) October 4, 2018
5. Fei-Fei-Li Co-Director at Stanford’s Stanford Vision and Learning Lab (SVL), a Human-Centered AI Institute. Researcher in AI, Computer Vision, AI+Healthcare.
Congrats Eric! https://t.co/ZMreyRwRgI
— Fei-Fei Li (@drfeifei) June 28, 2019
Our Kickstarter Campaign is at the 400K mark!
Only 45 hours left, hurry to grab our courses & the 50% Off Special Kickstarter Discount!https://t.co/oLTo2KheqE#kickstartercampaign #PyTorch #computervision #deeplearning #machinelearning #opencv #ai #python #cplusplus #dl #ml pic.twitter.com/LC9V8nYwGZ
— Satya Mallick (@LearnOpenCV) June 11, 2019
7. Amir Shevat CPO at Prev, CPO and Co-Founder of ShiftJS, built Google’s GDE and Launchpad program.
Looking for a domain name reveals the true state of the open web. So many failed websites and broken domains. It is the WEB-ageddon.. pic.twitter.com/EijRlqN2aJ
— Amir Shevat (@ashevat) August 12, 2019
8. Soumith Chintala Principal Engineer level employee at Facebook AI. Created and lead PyTorch. He loves researching on multi-modal world models and robots.
I was a guinea pig for these robots. If you're looking for $4k robots with an arm, and a reasonable robot-agnostic python API that can support multiple bots on the same software stack, here are PyRobot and LoCoBot (still have to deal with ROS unfortunately) https://t.co/p97BCN9F4i
— Soumith Chintala (@soumithchintala) June 20, 2019
9. Adelyn Zhou is a Business Leader and bestselling author who is passionate about the intersection of Marketing, Automation, and the future of independent work. She has worked with Nextdoor, Eventbrite and Amazon.
— Adelyn (@adelynzhou) December 5, 2018
10. Alec Lazarescu Chatbot builder writer and creator of Bots and I meet up.
— Alec Lazarescu (@alec1a) September 16, 2019
11. Roman Yampolskiy is a Tenured Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science at the Speed School of Engineering, University of Louisville. Creator of 3 Human-Level Intelligences. He is the Founding and current Director of the Cyber Security Lab and an author of many books including Artificial Superintelligence: a Futuristic Approach.
— Dr. Roman Yampolskiy (@romanyam) September 5, 2019
12. Gary Marcus is a Scientist, best-selling author, and entrepreneur. He is Founder and CEO of Robust.AI and was Founder and CEO of Geometric Intelligence, a Machine Learning company acquired by Uber in 2016.
glad to see this important effort getting attention: Artificial Intelligence Confronts a 'Reproducibility' Crisis https://t.co/12aHvy2CAl
— Gary Marcus (@GaryMarcus) September 17, 2019
13. Mike Quindazzi is a Business Development Leader and Management Consultant at PwC. He is the Executive Chairman and Board member of The LA County Economic Development Corporation.
— Mike Quindazzi ✨ (@MikeQuindazzi) September 18, 2019
14. Yann Lecun is a Vice President and Chief AI Scientist, Facebook
Facebook AI launches the DeepFake Detection Challenge in collaboration with several academic labs. https://t.co/tmGrHXedU7
— Yann LeCun (@ylecun) September 5, 2019
15. Rachel Thomas Director of USF Center for Applied Data Ethics. She is also the Co-Founder of fast.ai. Her interests lie in Deep Learning, bias and ethics.
— Rachel Thomas (@math_rachel) September 12, 2019
16. Mariya Yao Editor-In-Chief of Topbots. She was the former Former CTO of Metamevn.ai. She is a writer, speaker and an expert in AI and Machine Learning.
ML projects are inherently uncertain. To help deliver cutting-edge projects, Adam and Emmanuel shares their ML Engineering Loop guide and some tips for each phase and how to optimize the process as a whole. #AI #ML @mlpowered @adampaulcoateshttps://t.co/3QaoRxRkij
— Mariya Yao (@thinkmariya) August 13, 2019
17. Francois Chollet is a Software Engineer at Google. He is the creator of Keras, neural networks library and authored ‘Deep Learning with Python’.
The other day I sat down with Lex to chat about AI, and now you can watch our conversation on YouTube. I hope you enjoy 🙂 https://t.co/BsrAMovLGI
— François Chollet (@fchollet) September 14, 2019
18. GP Pulipaka is a Chief Data Scientist with Accenture Technology. He is a Top Data Science Influencer
— Dr. GP Pulipaka (@gp_pulipaka) September 17, 2019
19. Andrej Karpathy Director of AI at Tesla. Previously a Research Scientist at OpenAI, and CS PhD student at Stanford. I like to train Deep Neural Nets on large datasets.
— Andrej Karpathy (@karpathy) August 20, 2019
20. Gideon Rosenblatt Gideon Rosenblatt writes about the relationship between technology, work, and humanity. His primary outlet is his website, The Vital Edge.
— Gideon Rosenblatt (@gideonro) September 7, 2019
21. Delip Rao VP Research at the Ai Foundation, Author. He works on Startups, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision, Speech, Machine Learning.
This is going to be epic and London is such a fun place. Please attend if you are interested in misinformation, fact-checking, or AI. https://t.co/nr2n5irCEw
— Delip Rao (@deliprao) September 17, 2019
22. Angelica Lim: Canadian-American Computer Science prof and robot geek. PhD in AI, Robotics and Emotions. Previously worked with SoftBank Robotics.
— Dr. Angelica Lim (@petitegeek) May 2, 2019
23. Oren Etzioni CEO of AIlen Institute for AI (AI2) and a Professor.
The field of AI is rife with potentially misleading terms such as 'Intelligence', 'learning', and more. We are investigating to what extent can our computer methods approximate abilities such "understanding" and are careful to note limitations. see: https://t.co/L7BPvpMvhL https://t.co/kCKuHGyTHy
— Oren Etzioni (@etzioni) September 5, 2019
24. Adam Geitgey Software Engineer and Consultant, authored Machine Learning is Fun.
New article – Build a Hardware-based Face Recognition System for $150 with the Nvidia Jetson Nano and Python!https://t.co/G0SFniyDxE
— Adam Geitgey (@ageitgey) May 20, 2019
25. Paul Roetzer Founder of Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute, authored The Marketing Performance Blueprint, creator of Marketing AI Conference (MAICON).
“5 companies — Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Microsoft — have devoted disproportionate amounts of attention (and spend) to AI. They have access to virtually unlimited financial + computing resources, and they have swept up the best talent.” https://t.co/U6nvxu4p2h
— Paul Roetzer (@paulroetzer) September 15, 2019
26. Tamara Mc Cleary CEO of Thulium, a Social Media Marketing agency. Her interests lie in Social Media Analytics.
— Tamara McCleary (@TamaraMcCleary) September 18, 2019
27. Katrina Klier Digital, Marketing and Operation Executive; Women in Tech Advocate and Global Managing Director of Accenture.
— Katrina Klier (@KatrinaKlier) August 15, 2019
— J.J. Kardwell (@jjkardwell) July 29, 2019
25,000 Members!! ✨😊🎉
— Vincent Boucher 🕊 (@ceobillionaire) September 6, 2019
30. Larry Kim is the CEO of MobileMonkey, Founder of WordStream which was acquired by Gannet for $150M. He is into start-ups, AdWords, Chatbots and played a part in popularizing Unicorns in Marketing.
— Larry Kim (@larrykim) September 16, 2019
31. Alec Radford A Machine Language developer and researcher at OpenAI. He Co-founded indico.io
Nice discussion of the progress in NLU that's happening with BERT, OpenAI GPT, ULMFiT, ELMo, and more covered by @CadeMetz in the @nytimes I'm super excited to see how far this line of research will be able to get in the next few years!https://t.co/v0Raiygv0p
— Alec Radford (@AlecRad) November 19, 2018
32. Miles Brundage Research Scientist (Policy) at OpenAI. Research Associate, Future of Humanity Institute, University of Oxford.
"Consumer-Lending Discrimination in the FinTech Era," Bartlett et al.: https://t.co/WhKwRHA46T
"The lower levels of price discrimination by algorithms suggests that removing face-to-face interactions can reduce discrimination."
— Miles Brundage (@Miles_Brundage) September 18, 2019
33. Hard Maru: Research Scientist at google brain
ImageNet Top-5 Classifier
22.7% Brabancon griffon
12.9% shopping cart
6.1% coral fungus https://t.co/k5s7BSisY8
— hardmaru 😷 (@hardmaru) September 18, 2019
34. Evan Kirstel Evan Kirstel is a thought leader, technology influencer, and B2B marketer. He is the Chief Digital Evangelist and Co-Founder of EviraHealthm
— Evan Kirstel at #MWC19 @ericsson (@evankirstel) September 19, 2019
35. Demis Hassabis Google DeepMind’s Co-Founder and CEO. He is into AlphaGo, AlphaZero, AlphaFold and Atari DQN.
Great to see this collaboration between our Science team and ecologists, to develop an AI tool to help speed up much needed conservation research in the Serengeti! The team will be presenting this work at @DeepIndaba later this monthhttps://t.co/BkeXLiC7iZ
— Demis Hassabis (@demishassabis) August 12, 2019
36. Hugo Larochelle Google Brain researcher, Machine Learning professor at the University of Sherbrooke.
— Hugo Larochelle (@hugo_larochelle) June 15, 2019
37. Geoffrey Hinton is a fellow of the Royal Society, the Royal Society of Canada, and the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence. He designs Machine Learning algorithms.
This is a much better version of capsules. https://t.co/h9GDx5HsrS
— Geoffrey Hinton (@geoffreyhinton) July 22, 2019
38. Sarah Austin Founder CEO of We Wire. She is into FinTech, Product Marketing and is a Data Scientist.
— Sarah Austin (@sarahaustin) August 13, 2019
39. Anima Anandkumar Director of research at Nvidia. Professor at Caltech University.
Looking forward to speaking at #Top50Innovators #London @royalsociety on occasion of #Leonardo500 on embodied intelligence: how to bring #AI mind and robotics (body) together. @NvidiaAI @Caltech https://t.co/zdvTimiYFe
— Anima Anandkumar (hiring) (@AnimaAnandkumar) September 17, 2019
40. Sebastin Raschka Assistant Professor of Statistics at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He is a Machine Learning and Deep Learning researcher. He is the author of ‘Python Machine Learning’ and open source contributor.
After an amazing time at the Intl Summer School on Deep Learning @dl_iss + a 6-week Europe trip, glad to be back in town! Now, looking forward to my talk on "Pred. & hiding personal information from face images using deep learning" next wk @BigDataMadison https://t.co/cTuVEwNGit
— Sebastian Raschka (@rasbt) August 19, 2019
I wrote a blog post about text generation: https://t.co/0hcJ61fQiq
— Vered Shwartz (@VeredShwartz) August 30, 2019
42. Rana el Kaliouby Entrepreneur, Scientist, Co-founder and CEO of Affectiva, that offers an image recognition software. She claims to be on a mission to humanize technology with Emotional AI.
— Rana el Kaliouby (@kaliouby) September 3, 2019
43. Mike Tamir Head of Data Science at Uber Advanced Technologies Group. He is a faculty at UC Berkeley Faculty. He is into Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and has interests in fighting fake news.
— Mike Tamir, PhD (@MikeTamir) September 19, 2019
44. David Kenny CEO and Chief Diversity Officer at Nielsen. AI. He was the Senior Vice President of IBM’s Watson & Cloud platform. He was also formerly the CEO of The Weather Company, which was acquired by IBM.
— David Kenny (@davidwkenny) September 5, 2019
Suprise Fam 😘😄 The mini-doc came out. Have fun educating and sharing the fun. https://t.co/6myur4073z
— CyberCodeTwins 👾👾 @shEOS (@cybercodetwins) August 30, 2019
— Ben Lorica 罗瑞卡 (@bigdata) May 21, 2019
47. Bill Franks Chief Analytics Officer at The International Institute For Analytics (IIA).
Assumptions behind some common algorithms: https://t.co/w1AorGKNt5
— Bill Franks (@billfranksga) September 24, 2019
This is now my favorite explanation of how almost anything is AI. https://t.co/QdL6uC0rBO
— Hilary Mason (@hmason) September 15, 2019
49. Gil Press He is into Marketing services, writes for whatsthebigdata.com and prominent business newspapers.
— Gil Press (@GilPress) September 27, 2019
50. KD Nuggets aka Gregory Piatetsky Shapiro is a Data Scientist and Co-Founder of KDD conferences. He is into Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data.
— KDnuggets (@kdnuggets) September 29, 2019
Following some of these opinion leaders on Twitter and other social media platforms is the best way to keep yourselves in sync with the AI technologies that are going to affect your life and lifestyle.
Read More: 10 Most Popular AI influencers of Europe