DataON Is the First Intel Platinum Partner to Offer All Four Validated Configurations for Intel Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HcI.
DataON, the industry-leading provider of hybrid cloud solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI with cloud-based Azure Services, has collaborated with Intel to offer new Data Center Plus configurations for version 2 of Intel Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI, powered by 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel® Optane™ DC SSDs. These solutions will be showcased at DataON booth #1645 at Microsoft Ignite 2019, from November 4-7, 2019, in Orlando, Florida.
DataON is one of the first Intel® Platinum Partners to offer all four validated configurations for Intel Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI:
- Data center model, base configuration – For enterprise environments, supports primary workloads in a hybrid storage design.
- Data center model, plus configuration – For enterprise environments, supports the most demanding critical production workloads. Ideal for healthcare environments where electronic healthcare (EHR) database software require fast responses.
- Edge model, base configuration – For small-to-medium sized businesses (SMB), remote office/branch office (ROBO), and edge environments
- Edge model, plus configuration – For SMB, ROBO, and edge environments. Leverages leveraging Intel® Optane™ technology to support more demanding workloads such as Microsoft SQL Server.
Intel Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI are performance-optimized specifically for hyper-converged compute and storage. This solution improves performance by utilizing Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory as cache storage for Storage Spaces Direct to accelerate the cache tier for storage at DDR4 speeds versus PCIe/SATA speeds.
With the Edge model Plus configuration, businesses can add three times greater memory capacity per cluster and fifty percent greater raw storage capacity per cluster using three-way mirroring over the Base configuration*. With the DataON Center model Plus configuration of Intel Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI, businesses can achieve 20 percent more cores for computation and 88 percent higher throughput in IOPS over the Base configuration**.
These solutions add to DataON’s first generation of Intel® Select Solutions for Windows Server Software-Defined Storage, and second-generation Intel Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI and Microsoft SQL Server.
Intel created Intel Select Solutions to reduce the time required to evaluate, select, and purchase hardware for today’s workloads and applications. They are vigorously benchmark-tested with today’s high-priority workloads, helping businesses realize smooth deployments and optimal performance. By eliminating guesswork and ensuring predictability with pre-defined configurations, businesses can take advantage of new technologies faster.
The new Intel Select Solutions are powered by 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors. They represent a new class of Intel® Xeon® processors designed for demanding high-performance computing (HPC) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) workloads. The processor delivers up to 28 cores per CPU and 6 DDR4 memory channels per socket. In addition, they support Intel’s breakthrough Intel Optane DC persistent memory, delivering greater than 3TB per socket. These solutions also support Intel Optane Solid State Drives (SSDs) which can accelerate applications, reduce transactions costs for latency-sensitive workloads, and improve overall data center TCO.
“DataON was an inaugural partner for Intel Selection Solution for Windows Server Software-Defined Storage, and we are proud to be the first Intel Platinum Partner to have all four validated solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI,” said Howard Lo, vice president of sales and marketing, DataON. “Having these validated solutions demonstrates our commitment to providing Intel-based solutions for Azure Stack HCI. Customers will be able to realize a faster time-to-value and reduced operational costs with these pre-validated solutions.
“Data center architects continue to face new and increasingly larger challenges due to the sheer volume of data and inevitable demand for new digital services,” said Jake Smith, Director, Data Center Technologies at Intel. “Intel Select Solutions, delivered through industry leaders like DataON, are designed to reduce the time-consuming research and testing process for architects, and accelerate their time-to-deployment.”
DATAON HYBRID CLOUD SOLUTIONS FOR AZURE STACK HCI
Microsoft Azure Stack HCI is the basis for Intel Select Solutions from DataON. It is an evolution of data center computing that blends Windows Server technologies with new Azure management service integration. It features the same Hyper-V based software-defined compute, storage, and networking as Azure Stack and shares similar testing and validation criteria. It follows engineering best practices to get customers up and running without lengthy design and build times.
DataON offers customized, turnkey solutions for Azure Stack HCI, from 4-node solutions for enterprise data centers to 2-node solutions for SMB, ROBO, edge, and IoT.
DataON solutions utilize Intel technology, including:
- 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors – Offers higher performance, improved price/performance and enhanced security capabilities over previous generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors. Supports Intel’s breakthrough Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory
- Intel Optane DC SSDs – Helps eliminate data center storage bottlenecks and allows bigger, more affordable data sets
- Intel Optane DC persistent Memory – Provides more usable memory, supports larger workloads, or helps consolidate multiple, existing workloads