Brings Data Protection from the Outskirts of the Network into the Heart of the Business
FileCloud, a cloud-agnostic enterprise file sync and sharing platform, unveiled Smart DLP, an intelligent, rule-driven solution that enables enterprises to prevent data leaks in real time and secure enterprise content across on-premise and public cloud environments.
“Security and risk (S&R) pros can’t expect to adequately protect customer, employee and sensitive corporate data or IP if they don’t know what data exists, where it resides, how valuable it is to the firm and who can use it.”
“Countless security threats surface every day, from employees leaving to data breach threats,” said Madhan Kanagavel, CEO at FileCloud. “Yet most enterprise data leak prevention solutions operate in the outskirts of an organization’s network — a pre-cloud era innovation that now poses significant risk. By giving companies a 360-degree view of their network to defend against data leaks and loss, Smart DLP is setting the standard for the new era of data protection.”
According to the Forrester Report Rethinking Data Discovery and Classification, “Security and risk (S&R) pros can’t expect to adequately protect customer, employee and sensitive corporate data or IP if they don’t know what data exists, where it resides, how valuable it is to the firm and who can use it.” This is the major reason behind the ongoing struggle with GDPR and privacy compliance. Only 8% of system admins believe they are compliant with GDPR and 38% of system admins have no idea when their organization is expected to be fully compliant with GDPR, per the Annual Enterprise Cloud and Data Security Report.
Smart DLP tackles this problem head-on by simplifying the organization of enterprise content, automatically making it easier to comply with data privacy regulations including HIPAA and GDPR. IT can easily enable data leak prevention capabilities for users and content across the enterprise network, including the automation of prevention policies, monitoring data movement and usage and detecting security threats. The solution is also capable of supporting AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Smart DLP and content classification features and benefits include:
- Prevent data leaks in real-time: Rule-driven system to prevent accidental data leaks from end users; can save enterprises from huge compliance fines
- Strong data compliance: Complies with GDPR, HIPAA, ITAR and CCPA among other emerging data privacy regulations, allowing for high-security document sharing, virtual data room, legal hold and e-discovery across platforms
- Maximize security: External security information and event management integration (SIEM), SMS 2FA support
- Manage users in network: Control user actions — ability to download, share and login — based on IP range, user type, user group, email domain, folder path, document metadata and user access agents, such as web browsers and operating systems
- Monitor content and data: Evaluates rule expressions and variables in real time to allow or deny selected user actions and log rule violation report for future auditing
- Automation of PII/PHI/PCI Discovery: Find personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), payment card information (PCI) and other sensitive content across user databases and team folders. Read more about FileCloud’s Smart Classification capabilities here
- Classify enterprise content: Flexible content classification engine allows users to utilize built-in search patterns to identify PII and create custom search patterns and metadata sets for vertical business content