Speakers and Program Announced for Industry’s Leading Open Source Event for Software and It Infrastructure in Finance
The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the speakers and program for Open FinTech Forum taking place December 9, 2019 at the Convene Conference Center in New York.
Open FinTech Forum is where financial services IT decision makers come to learn about the open technologies driving digital transformation – technologies like AI, blockchain and more – and how to best utilize an open source strategy and implementation to enable new products, services and capabilities; increase IT efficiencies; establish and strengthen internal license compliance programs; and attract top-level talent and train existing talent on the latest disruptive technologies.
“Open FinTech Forum brings the open source communities that support financial services together with CIOs, IT managers and developers working in the heart of finance,” said Angela Brown, General Manager of Events at The Linux Foundation. “We’re looking forward to showcasing the industry’s emerging and established open technologies fueling this space.”
- A Pathway To Multi-Tenancy in Kubernetes – Paul Sitowitz, Software Engineering Manager, Capital One
- Creating a Micro Open-Source Community with Kubernetes – Katie Gamanji, Cloud Platform Engineer, Condé Nast International
- Architecting Enterprise Platforms for CI/CD, Cloud and SRE with AI and Analytics – Murali Kaundinya, Group CTO and Managing Director, Wells Fargo & Gopinath Janakiraman, Director, Merck
- From Business Case to Blockchain in 30 Minutes – Shaul Kfir, Co-founder & CTO, Digital Asset
- Here Be Dragons, Debunking Myths in Enterprise Open Source Engagement – Justin Rackliffe, Director, Open Source Governance, Fidelity Investments
- “Opening” Wall Street: Challenging the Myths and Seizing the Opportunities of Open Source in Fintech – Gabriele Columbro, Executive Director, FINOS (Fintech Open Source Foundation)
- Quantum Aspects in Information Technology: An Update – Christopher H Lameter, R&D Team Lead, Jump Trading LLC
- Securing Cloud Native in Investment Banks: From Threat Model to SOC – Andrew Martin, Co-founder, ControlPlane
- The Future of Banking: Securing Digital Asset Custody Solutions – Diana Henderson, Offering Manager, IBM Z and LinuxONE, IBM
Gold sponsors of Open FinTech Forum include Cloud Native Computing Foundation, IBM, Robin.io and Sysdig. Silver sponsors include FOSSA, Hyperledger, StackRox, Synopsys, Tidelift and Weaveworks.