Sales and operations planning—or integrated business planning—are well-documented processes and relevant to all organizations. However, most organizations still manage these processes on a spreadsheet or in siloed systems that are expensive and/or obsolete.
The struggle to get the right data at the right time and in the right format is well known, and as the pace of change increases, it is only going to become a bigger and bigger headache.
Data cannot be trapped in silos while organizations ask people to work across departments and business units. At the same time, organizations cannot afford to have disconnected systems that present one reality to one group and a different reality to another group when employees, customers, and partners expect organizations to operate as one. It not only increases costs, but also creates the risk of falling behind competitors that are able to use real-time data to plan and execute.
To address this challenge and help customers anticipate changing market conditions and adapt plans and forecasts accordingly, we are announcing a solution for Integrated Business Planning and Execution. By integrating elements from Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Cloud and Oracle Supply Chain Management (SCM) Cloud, this solution helps customers improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and improve business agility by integrating financial planning with supply chain operations.
With Oracle’s solution for Integrated Business Planning and Execution customers will be able to:
- Consolidate planning in a single hub: This will allow customers to deploy and integrate multiple planning elements – financial planning and budgeting, sales and operations planning, sales and operations execution, marketing, new product/service introduction, etc. – within a single place.
- Integrate planning with execution: This will allow customers to eliminate latency and ensure no business value is lost due to delays in consolidating insights and adapting to changing conditions. Or put another way, the left hand will finally meet the right.
- Predict and prevent performance issues: This will help customers identify future performance gaps and offer alternative solutions by using embedded machine learning capabilities to address problems before it is too late.
- Escalate issues from machine to human intervention: Customers will be able to detect unexpected events and either automate the responses or select exceptions for cases that will require human intervention.
- Benefit from one unified data model: Our unified data model provides customers with a single view of data across multiple departments and lines of business while also ensuring that changes to data points are reflected across all applications and views.
- Choose modules and deployment options: Customers will have the flexibility to choose from a range of planning and execution modules and deploy the solution in the way that best fits with their business.
Oracle customers who are already using both Oracle EPM Cloud and Oracle SCM Cloud can take advantage of this functionality today. If you are attending Oracle OpenWorld this week, please attend my session, “Oracle’s Integrated Business Planning Evolution: Agile Planning and Execution,” Tuesday, September 17, 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in Moscone West, Room 3010.
Future Product Disclaimer
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, timing, and pricing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products may change and remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.