Samsung Showcases Its Technology Leadership in Premium Dram Products at Nvidia Gtc
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, announced its new High Bandwidth Memory (HBM2E) product at NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference (GTC) to deliver the highest DRAM performance levels for use in next-generation supercomputers, graphics systems, and artificial intelligence (AI).
“We will continue to expand our premium DRAM offering, and improve our ‘high-performance, high capacity, and low power’ memory segment to meet market demand.”
The new solution, Flashbolt™, is the industry’s first HBM2E to deliver a 3.2 gigabits-per-second (Gbps) data transfer speed per pin, which is 33 percent faster than the previous-generation HBM2. Flashbolt has a density of 16Gb per die, double the capacity of the previous generation. With these improvements, a single Samsung HBM2E package will offer a 410 gigabytes-per-second (GBps) data bandwidth and 16GB of memory.
“Flashbolt’s industry-leading performance will enable enhanced solutions for next-generation data centers, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and graphics applications,” said Jinman Han, senior vice president of Memory Product Planning and Application Engineering Team at Samsung Electronics. “We will continue to expand our premium DRAM offering, and improve our ‘high-performance, high capacity, and low power’ memory segment to meet market demand.”
For GTC attendees, there are several ways to connect with the Samsung team on-site:
- Speaking Session: Samsung’s Anand Iyer will host a panel alongside experts from Google, Microsoft, Facebook, IBM, Baidu and NVIDIA who will discuss the AI hardware challenges facing data centers and brainstorm current and necessary advances in architectures.
- When: Thursday, March 21, 11:00 a.m. PST
- Where: Marriott Hotel Ballroom 3 (Level 2/Concourse)
- Speaking Session: Samsung’s Tien Shiah will discuss two DRAM-based memory technologies enabling a new generation of AI workloads.
- When: Thursday, March 21 at 9 a.m. PST
- Where: SJCC Room 210G (Concourse Level)
- Visit the Samsung Booth: Meet the Samsung team for an update on the latest technology for applications including AI/ML, Graphics, and Autonomous Vehicles.
- Tuesday, March 19, 12:00 – 7:00 p.m. PST
- Wednesday, March 20, 12:00 – 7:00 p.m. PST
- Thursday, March 21, 11:00 AM – 2:00 p.m. PST
- Booth #726