New Software Addresses Sophisticated Threats, User Access Control Issues and Increasing Regulatory Challenges Surrounding Data Security in the Cloud
Trustwave unveiled new database security scanning and testing software that helps organizations better protect critical data assets hosted on-site or by major cloud service providers from advanced threats, configuration errors, access control issues, unauthorized privilege escalation, missing patches and more.
Trustwave unveiled a new iteration of DbProtect that helps organizations protect critical data assets hosted on-site or by major cloud service providers from advanced cybersecurity threats.
“Databases are the proverbial ‘bank vaults’ cybercriminals aim to crack leveraging malware, zero-day vulnerabilities, savvy social engineering and other sophisticated means,” said C.J. Spallitta, senior vice president of product management at Trustwave. “As businesses continue expanding globally, obtain new assets through acquisitions and adopt mixed computing models to control costs, maintaining data visibility while keeping pace with an evolving threat landscape becomes a mountainous challenge. Trustwave helps ensure no matter where data is housed, on-premises or offsite in a hosted cloud, it is safeguarded from the latest threats and actions.”
Trustwave DbProtect is a highly-scalable comprehensive database security platform that delivers real-time visibility and protection to data housed across an organization’s entire footprint no matter what environment or mix of environments the data traverses or resides. The software offers robust compliance management capabilities through constant monitoring for unusual data behaviors indicative of a breach or policy violations. New features in Trustwave DbProtect include:
- Support for major cloud providers –Trustwave DbProtect allows customers to protect big data stores across (and in between) major cloud services including Amazon Web Services, Amazon Relational Database Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, GovCloud, FedCloud and others supporting Windows Server. Organizations choosing to host operations entirely in the cloud benefit by eliminating the need to have a locally installed management console and backend database servers.
- Powerful database discovery and agentless scanning –Trustwave DbProtect quickly discovers all databases and associated objects, users and enabled security features across an organization’s entire footprint and chosen deployments including on-premises, hosted and hybrid cloud. A unique agentless scanning feature eliminates the need for scanner installation on each individual database in favor of a single scanning engine that can connect and administer vulnerability and rights management scans on thousands of databases simultaneously.
- Cybersecurity risk and compliance infraction reduction –Trustwave DbProtect identifies data leakage, misconfigurations, access control issues, missing patches, unauthorized data modifications and other concerns that put organizations at risk for breaches and associated steep fines for non-compliance. Organizations can collect and correlate a forensic audit trail of all privileged database activities to meet regulatory obligations effectively.
- Real-time alerting for threats and policy violations — Organizations gain a clear picture on the state of their data security and compliance efforts at any point in time. Once a baseline is established, Trustwave DbProtect continuously monitors for new threats and data policy violations alerting information technology and security teams. A detailed analysis and ranking depending on the severity of each instance is given allowing internal teams to prioritize and properly plan to take appropriate corrective actions.
- Single dashboard view and superior reporting –Trustwave DbProtect delivers a single consolidated view of threats, vulnerabilities, perceived risks and compliance endeavors across the entire data environment. Using analytics, database administrators can drill down for detailed views of each individual database or group of databases to run reports against an established baseline charting progress and operational efficiencies.
Trustwave DbProtect currently protects more than half a million databases in organizations ranging from medium to large enterprises and government institutions and offers several options for deployment on-premises or in the cloud.