Machine learning-powered customer conversion and retention platform Bellwethr has released findings from its new report The Impact of Coronavirus on US Businesses [March 2020].
The goal of the survey was to better understand the specific ways coronavirus is already impacting day-to-day business operations and how business owners feel about what will happen in the upcoming months.
Commenting on the report, Bellwethr COO and co-founder Daron Jamison said, “While the results paint a dark picture of the reality that many businesses are facing right now, there is a tremendous opportunity for those companies who are able to calm their nerves and use this time to test new ideas, double down on what they know is working, and look for ways to improve efficiencies.”
Recommended AI News: Three Secrets To Better Understanding Target Accounts And Buying Committees
- 20% of businesses have taken on additional debt with the average debt amount of $1,000–$5,000.
- 44.4% believe they will need to take on additional debt and 55% are worried that they will have trouble accessing capital.
- 55% of businesses have seen a negative impact from coronavirus.
- The most common impact was a decrease in sales/revenue.
- 57% of businesses believe they will see a major impact in the next 1-3 months.
- 51% have seen their sales decrease or have lost customers.
- 49.25% have delayed hiring.
- 48% have decreased costs/overhead with marketing costs being the most commonly reduced expense.
Recommended AI News: AiThority Interview with Jeff Elton, CEO at Concerto HealthAI