Builds on Investment to Advance Cloud Migration Capabilities and Extend Leadership in It Transformations
DXC Technology announced it has acquired the outstanding shares of Virtual Clarity, a leading provider of IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) transformation advisory services with a decade of experience in solving large scale IT modernization and application migration challenges for clients in the world’s most demanding, mission-critical environments.
The acquisition of Virtual Clarity further positions DXC as a leading provider of IT modernization services for applications and infrastructure and strengthens DXC’s ability to assess, design and manage transformations to cloud.
The acquisition of Virtual Clarity further positions DXC as a leading provider of IT Modernization services for applications and infrastructure and strengthens DXC’s ability to assess, design and manage transformations to cloud.
“I am excited to welcome Virtual Clarity’s talented team to the DXC family,” said Mike Salvino, DXC’s president and CEO. “Virtual Clarity is a solid fit with our growth strategy with proven expertise in IT transformation and cloud migration. The company complements and enhances DXC’s capabilities in cloud, platforms and IT modernization, enabling DXC to help our clients with their digital transformation journey and improve their business outcomes.”
The addition of Virtual Clarity also builds on DXC’s acquisition earlier this year of Luxoft as clients increasingly are seeking industry specific application development and innovation as part of their IT modernization approach.
Founded in 2008, Virtual Clarity is comprised of a blend of enterprise IT experts with deep knowledge of modern tools, techniques and key industries – including Financial Services, Health Care, Manufacturing, and Telecommunications.
“From inception, we’ve been obsessed with customer outcomes,” said Virtual Clarity CEO Steve Peskin, who will report to Salvino. “Our approach to help clients transform their business quickly, seamlessly and safely complements the ability of DXC to execute globally at scale. Together with DXC, we create an immensely powerful and compelling opportunity for clients to unlock new value and competitive agility across the enterprise. We will make a real difference for clients, partners and our industry.”
DXC will combine its deep cloud and application engineering services and strategic partnerships with Virtual Clarity’s IT modernization capabilities to enable enterprise clients to accelerate their digital transformation, harness technology to improve efficiencies at scale, and drive business innovation:
- Accelerating our customers’ digital transformation journeys with Virtual Clarity’s Precision Guided Transformation services and unlocking the value of DXC’s application migration and modernization capabilities.
- Aligning IT-as-a-Service to the needs of the business-lines quickly and safely.
- Turning IT innovation into business value for customers with Virtual Clarity’s “Air Traffic Control” offering – a combination of unique tools, highly experienced enterprise IT leaders, and deep understanding of what it takes to implement change in complex enterprises.
The DXC and Virtual Clarity relationship has produced several success stories in recent years, including:
- Moving several thousand applications for a fortune 200 bank holding company to a hybrid cloud and clearing long-standing regulatory concerns by implementing a solution based on migration factory (Cloud Assessment, Architecture, and Air Traffic Control) and automated IT platform.
- Accelerated IT application modernization for a Major North American commercial bank by delivering a new, dynamic IT platform and Migration Factory which accelerated implementation and safeguarded the outcome. The client realized an 80%-plus reduction in IT unit costs and a 50-fold increase in the speed of change
- Migration of 7,000 applications to the public cloud for a Fortune 100 telecommunications leader. DXC and Virtual Clarity analyzed the IT applications platform, assessed options and charted the most effective course of action to rapidly migrate the 7,000 applications to the public cloud.