Recognition Adds to Long List of Year’s Accomplishments
Phunware, Inc., a fully-integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions, data and services for brands worldwide, announced another milestone for its President and CEO, Alan S. Knitowski, as a Top Finalist for the 2019 Best CEO Award from the Austin Business Journal.
Phunware CEO Named Top Finalist for Austin Business Journal’s 2019 Best CEO Award. Recognition Adds to Long List of Year’s Accomplishments.
This nomination and subsequent Top Finalist recognition come in the midst of a very productive and successful year for the Company. After nearly a decade of operations as a private company, and after having successfully raised more than $100 million since inception, Phunware started 2019 as a publicly traded company on NASDAQ as “PHUN”. Year to date, the Company’s milestones, awards and recognition include:
- Announced full year 2018 financial results, including $31 million in net revenues and gross margin expansion to 61.8%
- Successfully completed merger with Stellar Acquisition III, Inc. (formerly NASDAQ: STLR)
- Commenced trading as Phunware, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHUN)
- Awarded patents for Mobile Device Localization Based on Relative Received Signal Strength Indicators, Enterprise Branded Application Frameworks for Mobile and Other Environments and Indoor / Outdoor Mobile Device Location Monitoring
- Established key strategic partnerships with Tech Data, SALTO Systems, Altrius, Kontakt.io and B2G Advisors
- Selected for Inaugural Columbia – IBM Blockchain Accelerator program
- Joined the FTSE Russell 2000®, FTSE Russell 3000®, FTSE Russell Microcap® and LD Micro® Stock Indexes
- Awarded 2019 North America Company of the Year Award by Frost & Sullivan
- Recognized as Top 10 Indoor Positioning Solution Provider by CIO Applications
“I am extremely honored to be recognized as a Top Finalist for such a prestigious regional award,” said Alan S. Knitowski, President, CEO and Co-Founder of Phunware. “Being included with such an esteemed group of nominees and finalists is a huge privilege in and of itself, but it also speaks incredibly well of the amazing work being done daily by the extended Phunware Phamily worldwide on all that we do daily for our customers, partners and shareholders.”
The 2019 Austin Business Journal CEO of the Year for Medium Companies was:
- Jag Bath of Favor (acquired by HEB)
Other 2019 award winners included:
- Legacy Award: Gary Keller of Keller Williams Realty
- CEO of the Year for Large Companies: Kendra Scott of Kendra Scott
- CEO of the Year for Small Companies: John Berkowitz of OJO Labs
- CEO of the Year for Nonprofit Companies: Phyllis Snodgrass of Austin Habitat for Humanity and Julie Parsley of Pedernales Electric Cooperative
- Market Leader Award: Bill Blackstone of Austin Galvanize
Nomination criteria included leaders that have a strong record of innovation and outstanding performance, with extra consideration given to those who have had a significant career accomplishment within the past 12 months.