RedEdge-M Enables Agricultural Enterprises, Growers, And Researchers To Optimize Management Practices, Streamline Operations, Detect Stress And Disease Early, And Capture Accurate Data For Scientific Analysis
MicaSense has released RedEdge-M, the evolution of their rugged, built-to last, professional multispectral sensor, RedEdge. Easily integrated into a wide variety of drones, RedEdge-M enables agricultural enterprises, growers, and researchers to optimize management practices, streamline operations, detect stress and disease early, and capture accurate data for scientific analysis.
“Our customers have come to depend on the accuracy, reliability, and quality of RedEdge and the powerful information they are able to derive from it. We are excited to offer in RedEdge-M a more flexible, powerful, and accessible solution,” said Gabriel Torres, CEO and Co-Founder of MicaSense.
RedEdge-M: The sensor that doesn’t compromise
The RedEdge-M captures not just the spectral bands required for basic crop health indexes, but also those that generate analytics that are anything but basic. With its low weight, low power requirement, and multiple integration options, the RedEdge-M is one of the most flexible solutions on the market—now in a smaller size and at a lower cost.
Building upon the capabilities that have made RedEdge the industry standard, RedEdge-M offers key benefits such as:
- A small form factor to allow for integration with many drone platforms
- Simultaneous capture of five discrete spectral bands, including RGB color
- Global shutter design for distortion-free results on every platform
- Calibrated for precise, repeatable measurements
- Expanded input voltage range to handle more integrations without voltage converters
- Downwelling Light Sensor and Calibrated Reflectance Panel included
- Open APIs and standard formats allow for compatibility with multiple processing platforms
- Rugged design with no moving parts, and included storage case.
With RedEdge-M, agricultural companies can generate advanced analytics to inform decisions. Growers can pinpoint disease and stress, scout quickly and effectively, and monitor change over time in their fields. Researchers can rely on RedEdge-M for high quality data to inform phenotyping research and other agricultural studies, and can take advantage of customizable filters for advanced investigations. Drone manufacturers and integrators can offer an industry leading sensor as a fully integrated payload option for use in agricultural applications.
Their drone integration partners including:
Drone Nerds (USA), JEPICO (JPN), Rise Above (AUS), Cybernetech (JPN), MicroDrones (GER), Ferntech (NZL), SOVZOND (RUS), Beijing Golden Way Scientific (CHN), Guangzhou Fumin Measurement & Control Co. (CHN), Globe Flight Aerial Solutions (GER), Sky Flight Robotics (USA), Gaba Hobby (PRY).