SaaS-Based Cloud Platform Supports VARs as Key to Supply Chain
Epson America, Inc a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, announced at RetailNOW 2019, Epson OmniLink Merchant Services 3.0 (OMS), a suite of cloud-based software solutions designed for the retail and hospitality markets. The newly updated platform supports VARs with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) opportunities and ongoing revenue streams, and helps hospitality businesses deploy premier cloud-based services for cost control and operational efficiency.
The move toward SaaS applications is currently the strongest software business trend. A 2019 Businesses At Work Report by Okta Integration Network showed a 68% increase in the use of business apps over the past four years. Further, according to a 2019 Gartner report (Forecast: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2016-2022, 4Q18 Update), by the end of calendar year 2018, the valuation of the SaaS market worldwide surpassed $80 billion, with a projected growth rate of 18.3%. Epson is supporting this upward trend in the SaaS industry with the new OMS 3.0.
“Customer demand is driving VARs to offer cloud services,” said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management & technical services, Business Systems Division, Epson America, Inc. “With our newly updated OMS Cloud offering, we are enabling VARs to open up new possibilities and help them realize ongoing revenue streams. Together, we can offer merchants of all sizes a robust and unique platform breaking all barriers in enabling access to actionable data without having to worry about POS integration.”
OMS provides customers additional value for their OmniLink printer investment. Businesses can quickly and easily use their data to reduce cost and increase operational efficiency. OMS 3.0 incorporates essential improvements such as the necessary deployment tools, billing and operation management reporting utilities for ISVs and VARs, customer access to their OMS activity, significant user experience improvements, and support for revised OMS operations workflows. Customer benefits include low acquisition and subscription costs (while future proofing their IT and data investments). VARs have the ability to add cloud services as needed and leverage the Epson brand and industry reputation. Epson also allows for multiple deployment options for both new and existing customers.
- Deploy in record time: user-friendly deployment portal for activating cloud services.
- Streamline your workflow: innovative system offers operations management, billing and reporting utilities.
- High-performance analytics: get full visibility to customers’ OMS devices and service activity.
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface: single portal improves navigation and grants easy access to data and services.
- Maximize business growth: creates additional revenue streams for partners.
- Expand your partner network: leverages EnvisionSM Partner network for distribution and marketing.
- Access best-in-class cloud services: turn transaction data into actionable information.
- Easy-to-use: reduces feature and usability limitations of current POS systems.
- POS-agnostic system: capture receipt data from POS platforms and use with a variety of OMS cloud service applications.
- Instant access from the cloud: easily access data from different OMS cloud services.