Controlled Availability Introduction Delivers Environments-as-a-Service from Development to Production
Quali, the leader in delivering environments-as-a-service for cloud and DevOps automation, today announced CloudShell Colony – a software-as-a-service (SaaS) cloud management platform for DevOps. CloudShell Colony automates DevOps environments all the way from development to production, while allowing IT and project managers to govern the use of cloud resources from a single pane of glass.
This announcement follows the recent news highlighting Quali’s $22.5 million Series-C funding round in December 2018. CloudShell Colony initially being released as controlled availability (CA) software equips DevOps teams, developers and testers with reusable application environments on public clouds such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure with support for Kubernetes deployments. Quali is providing varying levels of the solution based on company size.
“Setting up environments is error prone, time consuming and difficult to automate and troubleshoot. It’s even more challenging to do it in a scalable way that would serve more than one team, including team members who know nothing about infrastructure, and still work seamlessly with the CI/CD pipeline,” said Lior Koriat, CEO of Quali. “CloudShell Colony is designed to deliver IT environments more efficiently, eliminate configuration inconsistencies, and empower all stakeholders in the DevOps value chain by improving pipeline stability with less code and better error handling.”
CloudShell Colony features include:
- Blueprint Modeling – Use YAML or a visual designer to build reusable environment-blueprints on AWS, Azure and Kubernetes (AKS, EKS and native). Environments include containers, compute instances, load balancers, network and security elements, cloud services and more. Support complex environment with parameters, initial data, configuration and health-checks.
- Self-Service Environments – Role and policy based on-demand environments from a self-service catalog. Colony deploys environments with automatic setup, health-check and teardown that work out of box.
- Seamless CI/CD integration – Native integration to the organizational DevOps ecosystem including Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity, Github and more. Support for manual production update to full automated continuous deployment.
- Multi-tenancy, Secret Management, Audit Trail, RBAC – Everything required to make sure scaling, security and compliance are covered while increasing release speed.
- Visibility on Cloud Spend – Automatically tag cloud resources to control, analyze and manage cloud usage and expenses. Add custom tags to cloud resources to support specific business needs.
A 30-day trial version will be available for all to try out suitability as well as a limited free tier for small teams. Quali also offers a Team tier and a Premium tier for larger groups of users and with a higher number of concurrent environments supported.