Real-time healthcare analytics leader Interpreta announced that Dr. Norman Winarsky will join the firm as a Vice President of AI & NLP to oversee the development of medical AI. The company that intelligently blends healthcare data for the benefit of optimum medical care is looking out to make major advancements in AI for healthcare voice and imaging.
Previously, Dr. Winarsky was the president of SRI Ventures that created a total of 70 high growth opportunities with a market value of &50 billion — one of them being Siri which is used by a billion people around the world.
Dr. Winarsky is a global pioneer in AI and natural language understanding. His vast body of work in disruptive technologies makes him a great addition to our executive team as Interpreta develops AI and natural language capabilities,” said Interpreta Founder and CEO Ahmed Ghouri, M.D. “We’re truly honored to have him join our team.”
“Interpreta has developed an impressive predictive analytics engine that streamlines and interprets clinical and genomic data at the real-time speed of clinical workflow. With the addition of AI and natural language technologies, Interpreta users will have access to dynamic real-time data, and will be better able to navigate clinical care as it unfolds at the bedside,” said Dr. Winarsky.
Dr. Winarsky’s previous significant accolades were –
- A lecturer & visiting scholar at Stanford Graduate School of Business
- He has co-authored. ‘If You Really Want to Change the World: A Guide to Creating, Building, and Sustaining Breakthrough Ventures’
- Chairman of the visiting committee of the Chicago University
- A member of the National Academy Committee on Forecasting Future Disruptive Technologies
- A National Science Foundation Fellow
- A Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Chicago
- An invited member of the mathematics department of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton
- Recipient of the Emmy Award for his work on HDTV
- Recipient of the Sarnoff Award
Interpreta is optimistic that the addition of Dr. Winarsky will help the company grow its AI with lightning speeds.