Vuzix Corporation, (“Vuzix” or, the “Company”), a leading supplier of Smart Glasses and Augmented Reality (AR) technology and products, announced it has filed a patent with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office on next generation waveguide-based augmented reality smart glasses that are currently in development.
These next generation smart glasses would incorporate multiple components of Vuzix IP and technology/ecosystem it has built around smart glasses including:
- Advanced ultra-thin waveguides
- Custom large field of view (FOV) display engine
- Next generation processor
- Designed around latest eyeglasses materials and industrial design
- Flexible for multiple sizes and fashion forward models
- Supporting both monocular and binocular viewing systems
- Built around Vuzix smart glasses ecosystem platform supporting development tools, cloud APIs and Vuzix App Store
- Other advanced sensors for AR and UI applications’
“The team at Vuzix continues to push the envelope of what is possible for smart glasses in terms of form factor and functionality without losing line of sight of consumer mass market requirements. Our most recent patent pending application related to the advanced industrial design of our next generation waveguide-based AR smart glasses currently in development will reset the bar for the entire industry,” said Paul Travers, President and CEO of Vuzix.