Version 8.0 enhancements give Chief Data Officers more insight into their data universe
Bloomberg PolarLake announced a major upgrade to the Bloomberg Data Management Utility, giving Chief Data Officers (CDOs) increased control, quality and insight into their organization’s data universe. Version 8.0 allows clients to extract more value from their data and delivers insights that they can use to better serve their organization.
Current Bloomberg PolarLake clients can now avail of Version 8.0 and enable the new features, giving them access to the upgraded version of the insight-driven managed service they already use.
Today, firms must manage higher volumes of data, from multiple vendors with increasing complexity across sourcing, production and use. The Version 8.0 upgrade provides flexible and customizable services to help asset managers, broker dealers, custodians, hedge funds and banks more easily control costs, improve data quality and meet regulatory reporting deadlines. The private cloud based platform is application and data agnostic, working with applications and data from a large variety of vendors, including applications like Bloomberg Asset and Investment Manager (AIM).
“The Bloomberg PolarLake platform was designed from the ground up to simplify data management by offering control and transparency throughout the data supply chain. Version 8.0 increases that transparency and control on a day to day basis, while adding the ability to extract insights from an organization’s data universe over time. CDOs can analyze changes in universe growth, rule impact and consumer behavior,” said Warren Buckley, CEO of Bloomberg PolarLake. “This means clients can get a fuller picture of their data universe and supply chain, and pin point areas requiring increased control to immediately benefit their organization.”
Some of the enhancements to the Bloomberg Data Management Utility in Version 8.0 include:
- Universe Insight Dashboard – Clients can make more effective decisions as their organization’s data changes and grows with the Universe Insight Dashboard. They can now generate insights by inspecting data sourcing, data quality processing and data use. Insights are produced in easy-to-read graphs and trend maps accessible directly in the application workstation.
- Enhanced Data Quality – Version 8.0 makes ensuring data quality easier by using quant technologies and machine learning to build proprietary validation rules that continually look for errors. Additionally, clients can opt to work with our expert Data Operations team to manage error resolution directly with data vendors.
- Cloud Deliver – Ability to deliver data to the cloud on behalf of clients with rich data models and cataloguing support included.
- Workstation – Continued improvement to exception management, workflow, and navigation across 100s of screens – giving integrated navigation across security master, legal entity, pricing, ratings, corporate actions, index data, positions and trades. Backed by an upgrade to the default data models now offering 1300 asset class specific data panels to help clients bootstrap their data management projects.
- Index Management – The new Index Management platform allows clients to manage data from multiple index providers and process data from multiple sources into normalized outputs while offering the true transparency back to raw data.