Customers Give Looker’s Data Platform a 100% Recommendation Score
Looker, a leading data platform company, announced that it received top-rankings and a perfect customer recommendation score in its second appearance in The BI Survey 19 from the Business Application Research Centre (BARC).
Looker received top-rankings and a perfect customer recommendation score in The BI Survey 19 from the Business Application Research Centre
The report provides feedback from over 3,000 respondents across 95 countries using 36 BI (Business Intelligence) solutions and is the world’s largest and most comprehensive survey of business intelligence end-users. Vendors are rated across 34 key performance indicators (KPIs) in specific peer groups, defined by BARC analysts according to usage scenario and regional focus.
Overall, Looker received an impressive 13 top-rank scores and 39 leading positions across its four peer groups of EMEA-focused vendors, Americas-focused vendors, embedded analytics-focused products and ad-hoc reporting focused products. Looker is consistently ranked number one across all of its peer groups for Self-Service, Cloud BI, and Innovation.
- Self-Service: Looker achieved top rankings in the Self-Service category for the second year in a row. With the ability for users to create and share easy-to-read reports and beautiful dashboards, Looker allows every user to ask questions and uncover new insights.
- Cloud BI: Looker tops all its peer groups again this year in the ‘Cloud BI’ KPI, as it did last year. Looker was developed as a modern web-based application that can be deployed on premises and in the cloud.
- Innovation: Looker has jumped two places this year for Innovation. In addition to a high rate of trending usage scenarios, Looker customers also cited ‘high innovative capacity of the vendor’ as their number one reason for buying the software.
Other key highlights include:
- Vendor support: 91% of surveyed users rate Looker’s vendor support as excellent or good, compared to 64% for the average BI tool.
- Innovation: 61% of surveyed users chose Looker because of its high innovative capacity of the vendor, compared to 16% for the average BI tool.
- Customers also rated Looker significantly higher than average for flexibility and ad hoc query capabilities.
“We’re incredibly proud to be awarded a perfect recommend score by our customers in BARC’s The BI Survey 19. For Looker to have achieved this accolade in our second appearance in the report, is testament to the strides we have made across the EMEA region in the past year,” commented John O’Keeffe, VP of EMEA at Looker. “Our top rankings by customers for self-service, cloud BI and innovation demonstrates our commitment to delivering a solution that offers the choice of multi-cloud environments and brings customizable data experiences into day-to-day tools and workflows to further close the gap between discovering insights and taking action.”
“In its second appearance in The BI Survey, Looker once again received outstanding feedback from its customers. Looker provides customers with a high level of business value and it implements successful projects,” said Larissa Baier, Senior Analyst at BARC.