Latest Launch Introduces New APIs and Platform Features to Improve Data Accuracy and Control.
mParticle, the Customer Data Platform (CDP) of choice for multi-channel consumer brands, announced the launch of several features to extend its customers’ best-in-class data unification and orchestration capabilities. This includes a User Aliasing API to help customers better manage and merge customer profiles, self-hosting support to further improve the security and stability of mParticle’s Web Software Developer Kit (SDK), and an integration with Google Tag Manager (GTM) to help customers fire web tags and pixels.
As today’s leading brands increase their focus on delivering seamless, omnichannel customer experiences, mParticle is continuing to deliver innovative solutions that underpin world-class customer experiences. mParticle’s new capabilities and support, detailed below, are one step in a continual effort to ensure mParticle drives long-term growth for its customers.
Accuracy in unifying consumer data is a critical path for delivering intelligent customer experiences, and in today’s world, most 360-degree views of the customer are hardly complete. Before consumers register or transact on a website or mobile app or if they’re simply logged out they’re treated as an “anonymous user.” If that same user subsequently registers or logs in, whether they’re using the same device or not, an important decision must be made on how to treat that data. To address this, mParticle has launched an all-new User Aliasing API within its identity system known as IDSync.
The new User Aliasing API makes it easy for brands to programmatically unify multiple customer records in order to get a more accurate and complete view of the customer. This new API allows for the seamless merging of any “anonymous user” activity with a “known user” profile.
This new capability unlocks several benefits to mParticle customers:
- Greater insight into, and a more robust understanding, of the complete customer journey from first interaction through repeat behaviors and purchases.
- Improved marketing ROI derived from more comprehensive customer profiles.
- Better personalization across logged in and logged out states, and across devices, channels and partners.
Core to our mission is ensuring that our customers have the most advanced means to integrate their customer data. Recently, the mParticle team has released 20+ new web libraries — as well as optional “kit” integration add-ons — via NPM. And in today’s world of continuous deployment, mParticle wanted to provide developers with full control over which version of mParticle’s Web SDK is maintained in production environments.
Official support for NPM and a new, hosted configuration workflow offers several benefits to developers, including:
- Increased control, reliability and a more secure approach to web data collection.
- A more idiomatic integration for today’s web ecosystem.
- Improved site performance and customer experience.
mParticle’s integration with GTM allows for marketers to quickly and easily update web tags and pixels with all the benefits of server side control. Once mParticle collects web data via its SDK, it will pass this information to GTM where the mParticle data model is mapped to the GTM data model. The data, once in GTM, can then be used to conditionally fire various pixels and trackers in real time or on a predefined schedule.
This new integration provides several benefits, including:
- Seamless consent capture and syndication to meet privacy-related obligations under GDPR, and upcoming CCPA, requirements.
- A consistent and unified approach to data collection across web and mobile applications.
- Infinite scalability to deploy any number of web pixels or trackers without the need for pre-built connectors.