Cross-Blockchain Communication Ecosystem ARK Announces the Official Launch Date of Core V2 as the 28th of November 2018.
The much-awaited and anticipated new Core v2 for ARK is knocking on MainNet’s door. The all new code base has been developed from scratch and is at the point in development where ARK wants to move it to the main network, becoming the backbone of the ARK blockchain.
Since long before ARK’s genesis block, the team’s goal has been to provide the same accessibility and scalability for custom blockchains as WordPress provides for custom websites, and when coupled with ARK’s interoperability features makes for the perfect ecosystem of interconnected plug-and-play chains.
Under such an architecture, nearly all aspects of the ARK code base could be modified, extended or replaced quickly and easily. In turn, this approach would allow blockchain developers maximum flexibility in aligning their bridgechains to reflect their organizations’ goals and priorities.
What are some of the new core’s features?
- Dynamic Fees – Most noticeable for end users is an addition of dynamic fees which lets delegates set their own fees for different transaction types, and users get the option to modify and pay fees they are comfortable with for sending transactions.
- Plugin System – The majority of ARK’s processes have been decoupled, modularized and developed as plugins, so it becomes as easy as writing a few lines to remove or add new plugins to the system.
- Increased Transactions Per Second and Transactions Per Block – ARK are increasing transactions that can be put in a single block from 50 to 150, bringing TPS from 6.25 to 18.75 (a 3 times increase).
- New API – The new API is much more powerful and stable, provides additional endpoints, follows the latest API standards and gives developers more options to get necessary information.
- Webhook Support – A Webhook allows an app to provide other applications with real-time information, and delivers data as it happens – as opposed to typical APIs where you poll for data very frequently in order to get it real-time.
- Better Transaction Pool Management – a newly developed transaction pool is leveraging the power of memory and SQLite, providing better stability, reliability and foundation for more future optimizations.