The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, announced the agenda for its Special Events program, which will be held during the OMG Technical Committee (TC) meeting from 10-14 December 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport in Renton, Washington. Registration for the complimentary Special Events program is open to the public. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCWAP18. Attendees will have the additional benefit of learning about OMG partner solutions, notably from sponsors No Magic, RTI and Sparx Systems.
OMG Chairman and CEO Dr. Richard Soley said, “The line-up for the Special Events program includes OMG experts in business process management, retail, data governance, energy and IIoT as well as speakers from Cisco, IBM, the IOTA Foundation, Microsoft, blockchain evangelist Chris Jones, RTI, the Veterans Health Administration, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, AccessVIA and Lexmark International. This is an opportunity for the public to interact with these thought leaders, so they have a better understanding of how standards influence these areas, and how standards can expand opportunities ahead.”
The Special Events program for the week includes:
- Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology will explore the current state and potential future of blockchain and distributed ledger technology, and how these technologies have a much broader range of applications across industries and government beyond finance, such as in retail, the Internet of Things, and logistics.
- Data Governance Forum will focus on how OMG initiatives, such as data residency, data provenance and pedigree, and data tagging and labeling, can help governments and commercial enterprises carefully manage the processes, roles and responsibilities related to handling sensitive data. OMG members will explain these efforts, debate the implications, and solicit contributions to the development of relevant standards.
- IIoT at Work: Focus on Energy is a deep dive into OMG standards and Industrial Internet Consortium® testbeds concerning renewable power generation, smart grids, and distributed energy resources.
- Retail Innovation: Coming to a Store Near You will explore how blockchain, location technology and robotics are disrupting retail operations and the customer experience.
- OMG MEET & GREET: BPMN in Action! will feature a live and iterative interchange of a Business Process Model and Notation™ (BPMN™) model, using tools from some of the creators and innovators behind the OMG BPMN specification, the most widely adopted business process standard.