On the Heels of Millions of Downloads & Thousands of Applications, 8×8’s New and Enhanced Video Meetings Allows Organizations to Be Ready, Resilient and Productive
8×8, Inc., a leading integrated cloud communications platform, announced expanded global capabilities for the free, standalone version of 8×8 Video Meetings. The company has accelerated the global reach and capabilities of 8×8 Video Meetings, providing companies and employees location-independent access to unlimited meetings through any internet-connected desktop or mobile device without any additional software.
Since February 1, 2020, 8×8 Video Meetings usage and demand has increased significantly:
- Users from more than 125 countries now use 8×8 Video Meetings.
- The number of new users for 8×8 Video Meetings has more than tripled.
- New registered users for the standalone 8×8 Video Meetings solution nearly tripled.
“8×8’s mission is to deliver cloud solutions that allow companies to be ready, resilient and responsive. This ensures business continuity and allows people to work safely and productively from anywhere around the globe,” said Vik Verma, Chief Executive Officer at 8×8’s, Inc. “8x8Video Meetings simply works for the mobile and remote workforce, providing no limits or restrictions so people can meet freely and collaborate effortlessly, whether in the office or remote from home. We are doing our part to keep businesses and communities connected locally and globally.”
New and enhanced features of 8×8 Video Meetings include:
- Unlimited usage – no restrictions on number of meetings or meeting duration.
- International dial-in numbers in more than 55 countries including local and toll-free options.
- A browser-based interface that allows users to start or join meetings in a single click or touch.
- Calendar plugins for Google and Outlook that allow users to schedule and join 8x8Video Meetings directly from their calendar.
- Cloud storage for meetings recordings.
- Support for live streaming of large meetings to YouTube.
- A permanent personal URL to a private virtual meeting space.
- Real-time meeting closed captioning and transcription.
- Machine learning-based noise detection and alerts for enhanced meeting experience.
Recommended AI News: First RPA Center of Excellence to Bring Hundreds of New Jobs to Mississippi Delta
Millions of Downloads and Thousands of Applications
8×8 operates the Jitsi.org open-source video conferencing project, and based 8x8Video Meetings on this code that has been hardened with over a million downloads and in applications like banking video conferencing, education as a service platforms and home security applications globally. The product is packaged with 8×8 X Series for businesses that have a mobile and remote workforce requiring a highly reliable and resilient solution across desktop and mobile devices for voice, video, chat, contact center, APIs and advanced analytics. The free, standalone version of 8×8 Video Meetings, introduced to the public in November 2019, is available at https://8×8.vc/. 8×8 Video Meetings is optimized for use with WebRTC-enabled browsers for standalone and guest users. The solution can also be easily paired with video conferencing enabled rooms and huddle spaces through 8×8 Meeting Rooms.
Recommended AI News: Skills to Master Before your First Data Science Interview